Friday, October 2, 2009

Nothing Wrong With Me: An Excellent Green Day Fan Site

I found this Green Day web site, after the happy surprise of realizing Delfina had posted a link to my Billie Joe Armstrong/ Green Day posts. Visit Nothing Wrong With Me: A Green Day Fan Site, for a one stop grouping of links to articles and reviews about Green Day, Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day's music, their current tour, and the American Idiot Musical. Read original insight from the web site's contributors, like this excellent article, Foundations, by Amanda, where she explains her assertion that "Green Day's music grabs you by the heart and doesn't let go."

(Amanda's article will grab you by the heart. Click on the word, "essay," below her post, and you will taste a wide variety of intelligent writing, intimate thoughts and exposed emotions, regarding all things Green Day.)

In her profile, Delfina states why she started the site: "There are a lot of Green Day sites out there already, and I personally owe them a huge debt for all the news, information, community, and general love and satisfaction they’ve given me. So why one more? I just want something with more words. I want to read about thoughts, feelings, opinions, observations, and whatever else thinking about Green Day can inspire, and I hope that people who stop by will want to submit some of their own."

Delfina specifically reaches out to fans of all ages, a plus for older fans like me, and she actively seeks contributors. The site is well organized, with easy sidebar links to favorite fan sites and recent news and information.

I'm always impressed by people who create something professional, out of love for their subject and a desire to share a vision, not because they're paid to do it. The wonderfulness that is Delfina's site, is that teens are writing alongside adults of all ages, and we all respond to Green Day, admiring them not only as musicians, but as people, brilliant and flawed, like each of us.

Please Note:

July 2010- Nothing Wrong With Me is no longer an active site. I have no idea why, but I have some hope for its return, so I've left this article and the links. My admiration for Delfina, and for the site, remains.

Feb 2011 - I am happy to say the site is back up!

5 comments:

  1. Annie, thanks for the mention and for your kind words. I appreciate your thoughtful and intelligent writing and will be stopping by often.

    I think it's wonderful that Green Day's work reaches so many different people, of so many ages and perspectives, and on so many levels. They cut across so many layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. That's such a lovely thing to say.

    You've pinpointed exactly why I, too, love NWWM :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I love your blog, just wanted to say. ;D I think it's great that you're a writer and you draw inspiration from Green Day- I do the same thing. I wish to be a published writer in the future, and NWWM helps. :) I was so happy when Delfina asked me to write for the site, and I've been trying to carve out my own little niche. (Trying to). :)
    I'm so glad to have found a fellow writer who loves Green Day clearly as much as I do. And how jealous am I that you got to see them?! ha ha. Thanks for the reading!
    ~Elly. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elly,
      Thanks for commenting. I just checked your profile, and I saw one of your favorite books is Julie of the Wolves. I love that book, too. ~ Annie

      Delete
  4. Abbey17:18

    What Delfina created at NWWM is such a gift to us (older) Green Day fans - even the name is perfect. She is so gracious to post the ramblings of fans such as myself and always has some interesting tidbit to share about the band in a way that I find insightful and/or well presented (for example check out the recent picture she chose to post of Billie Joe). Annie, it would be great to see you post your thoughts on the SONG OF THE WEEK thread on the GDC. I would love to read them. Regards, Abbey

    ReplyDelete