Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Idiot Club Advantage

I felt like an Idiot paying 20 dollars to re-join the Green Day Idiot Club with the lure of presale concert tickets for Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown summer tour. Well, yesterday, at face value, $49.50 (plus the standard processing fee), two days before they went on sale to the general public, I am now the proud owner of three front row tickets in a section close to the stage. Scalpers are now selling similar tickets for $130 to $300 each. After I purchased them, fearing Row A would be at floor level, no better than General Admission, and we wouldn't see a thing, I even called the venue and the box office person was in awe. He assured me they were excellent, stadium seats. Now all we have to do is drive 600 miles at the front end of our vacation and stand in a will-call line two hours before showtime!

6 comments:

  1. You got it bad Annie - and that is good! Congratulations on the great tickets. Thank you for your recent comments on "...the Life and Harley...".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anxiety Boy,
      After seeing Green Day perform on Saturday Night Live last night, we're excited! I've heard the new album a couple of times now, and the songs are sticking in my head.

      Delete
  2. That's so great. Such a good deal on the tickets. I am sure it will be lots of fun. Don't forget to sneak in a camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori,
      Thank you for your good wishes.

      Delete
  3. Dangit, I want to go! Do they allow pictures? The last concert I went to didn't allow cameras. That was several years ago. I guess it depends on the band. Anyway, if they do, please post some pics:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie,
      They don't allow cameras! However, there's no rule against a cell phone with a camera...

      Delete